The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) (and Transport Layer Security (TLS)) is the most widely deployed security protocol used today. It is essentially a protocol that provides a secure channel between two machines operating over the Internet or an internal network. In today’s Internet focused world, we typically see SSL in use when a web browser needs to securely connect to a web server over the unsecure Internet.
SSL Certificates Bind Together
• A domain name, server name or hostname
• An organizational identity (i.e. company name) and location.
Need For SSL Certificates
• Protect your sensitive information such as credit card information, usernames, passwords etc.
• Keeps data secure between severs
• Increases your Google Rankings
• Builds/Enhances customer trust
• Improves conversion rates